1.02.2011

Merry Christmas... Oh! And A Happy New Year!!!



I simply cannot believe how fast the past year has gone.
Unbelievable.
And so much has changed from last year at this time. Change is good... I have to remind myself of the often, but it truly does bring about the very best things in life.
Well Christmas came and went and here we are to New Year's Eve. This time of year always makes me just a little bit sad because the holiday season is over and we just run full force into January which is the month that I almost always hit a very hard and cold brick wall. January and February are definitely my very least favorite months of the year... just so bland and so dang cold and I
dream about it being summer... pretty much every night. It will
Be especially painful this winter because my parents are flying off to Hawaii for a week and a half while I will be stuck in dreary cold Logan. While they are eating Hawaiian Shaved ice bumin' it on the beach I will be bundled up, trudging thru snow, and trying to make my brain
work after my three week Christmas break. Envy is flooding my veins as I sit here and think about it. I should probably stop... it very involuntarily makes me get angry. Stopping.
Okay so about my super fab Christmas break which is so quickly coming to a close- sad.
Spent a lot of time, quality time, with the fam playing games, watching movies, eating, eating, and oops did I mention eating. Definitely time for a hard core diet. My very nicely toned legs are loosing their tone... just a little bit. :)
I spent a great amount of time seeing friends whom I haven't seen for a very long time. This is what college does to us... tears us away from some of our very closest companions and kindred spirits and yet it also helps us to find others. That was for you LB. My first weekend was spent with my very closest of closest friends from Logan. It was a bit of a bon voyage as it was the last night we all got to hang out with Anna, who is doing humanitarian in ECUADOR for the next four months. And also it was for Lizzi who leaves for LONDON in 4 days. Oh my. And for Marissa who leaves for AUSTRIA in March. From seven down to three that have lasted in Logan is very sad but so much more exciting for them and their fun adventures they have ahead of them.
My next order of business was lunch with my dearest of friends from the summer... because one very recently got engaged. So exciting. It was so fun to hear every detail of the story and to see her most gorgeous ring. fabulous.
Time was spent at the beautiful new home of my aunt and uncle. Kind of a challenge trying to find it, but alas... it was "the biggest one out by the big white golf ball thing" according to my elementary aged cousins. More time was spent watching movies, drinking hot cocoa--even though it had not snowed and didn't until the day after Christmas-- more time spent with long lost friends, girls day out with grandma, aunt, mom, sister, cousin, friend of aunt & the family, lunch at Kneaders bakery= delicious. That was also the day that my phone
number was given to the 'bread boy' because according to my grandmother "he is totally your type: big, muscley, brown, cute smile" ohh and did I mention he was 17 and a senior in HIGH SCHOOL??? Yep, that was really fun for me. Poor kid probably crapped his pants
when he thought my aunt was hitting on him but was
really just giving him my number. Gotta love your gutsy aunt who will do just about anything. I bet she wakes up in the morning and says to herself.. "Ask me if I care what people think about me?" Sorry Liz... couldn't resist.
Christmas Eve came quickly and we had our annual Christmas Eve breakfast with some very good family friends. It is something that I look forward to every year, and each year the numbers dwindle due to missions and marriage. sigh. Later that night we had the grandparents over and my sister and brother-in-law come for dinner. Favorite and most memorable Christmas's were shared and tender moments were experienced. Time came when the grandparents left and Christmas eve PJ's were handed out... at least to me and my little brother since we are the only ones left living at home. Along with the unwrapping of the PJ's there was one other gift that was smallish in size and the tag read: To-Family From- Cori & Zack
It was given to my mom to open and what to find inside but a fresh plump lime. Confusion was written across my mom's face as well as the rest of ours as my mother asked if it was a new Christmas game. Always about the games. To our very delightful surprise Cori announced that the lime was the size of the grand-baby. Oh!!! It was very exciting and emotional for
everyone. Including unemotional, heartless me. I've been on a roll lately. Truly one of the best Christmas gifts anyone could ask for.
Christmas morning was quiet, but just as exciting and fun as ever.
End of part I, part II will be coming soon... oh and Part 1 dated 12.31.10 :)

No comments: