9.23.2010

life.


Photo taken @ Sam's Club: MONDO HUGE CAMP CHAIR!!

Week #4 of school is done and over. Test numero uno done. First paper: Check.
All of that only means that school is on full fledged now. yay.
Actually no, school is good and I love it. I just wish sometimes (at least three
times a day) that it was still summer. I miss the being outside all day, everyday.

The last few weeks have been semi-exciting... A football game that we won, another
that we lost. A weekend spent solely with my super fab parents watching a
combination The Other Side of Heaven, CSI, and the Three Amigos-which by the way
is A LOT weirder than I ever remember it being. Friday night
shopping at Costo. Turtle brownies baked in their goodness in the "Perfect"
Brownie pan. Fazookies and a magic show, Taco Tuesday! all to be topped off with a very
cool outing to the observatory here on campus to 'observe' stars, planets,
the Wild Duck cluster, and my personal favorite-- the moon. It was wayyy
cool to see the moon up that close, call me dorky but I felt like I could've reached
out and touched it with my fingers. Way COOL.

My roommate WhitAney is wearing a most hideous 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics
sweater and I'm pretty sure that my grandpa has the exact same one. The best part is that
she wears it with no pants... and tights on underneath. I have the greatest roommates.
We spend way too many nights staying up late just sitting around talking and laughing,
and doing other things that probably shouldn't be mentioned. ;) It is all in good fun, and
we don't do bad things... just maybe things that would be 'un-becoming' of grown
young women. Our latest favorite thing to do is watch a late 70's TV
show called 21 Jumpstreet with uh, Johnny Depp. It seriously is the best show... a little crazy
sometimes. The typical cop chases bad guy, cop catches bad guy, bad guys goes to jail.
If you think Johnny Depp is hot now... check him twenty years ago!!! Wo baby. That is
stated at least three times during an episode keeping in mind that we watch
at least two episodes each time. It is something that we have bonded over.

Yesterday was just one of those days, until I ran into a really good friend from high school...
sometimes I think that I'd like to go back and be in high school for just a couple
days, but actually, I think that I would hate it. Anyway I saw this loverly girl who
I run into every so often on campus. It was really good to talk to her and I think she was
just the perfect person for me to run into. So as we were just chatting away
sitting outside waiting for my class to start here walks up two of our other friends from high
school. It was so great. The four of us spent an exponential amount of time
together a couple years ago when we all were class officers together. Yesterday
was the first time that we'd all been together since the oldest two had graduated. That was
in 2007. The group was back. We were kind of the shunned ones of that
year... everyone was super involved in everything and involved with each other
and the four us just kind of stuck together and seriously had the best time. These are some
of the reasons that I would like to go back... just to relive those times when really,
there wasn't EVERYTHING to think about and worry about. Simplicity.
Anyway it turned my day 100% around. Life is good. ;)

Okay I think that does me justice for at least another week... Maybe I'll
have something really exciting to share next week. Prolly not.
vaarwel voor nu-- goodbye for now in dutch :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

A few things,
I can picture Whitney wearing that ensemble right now, I love 21 jump street, I'm glad you ran into Jake, and I'm glad you like school if only kind of. You're a champ.