Oh the joys of moving away from home..
Oh the joys of being a REALLY poor college student..
Oh the joys of being in a freshman student ward..
Oh the joys of having a calling in the freshman student ward..
Oh the joys of being the linger longer chair person
Oh the joys of being in charge of food for the whole freaking ward for an activity that I won't even be at..
I LOVE COLLEGE.... well most of the time.
So this last week went exceptionally fast and oh! how happy that made me. I really do enjoy college.. but hey its school and right now I'm not much of a fan of the whole school thing. especially biology. yuck. Anyway this past weekend wasn't even as bad as the the weekend before that we actually had things to do. We even had our first sleepover... kinda. We had two of our friends from another building come over and sleep on our living room floor while we slept peacefully in our beds.. probably not the nicest thing to do but hey, I think they still had fun. So I got up early Saturday morning and put on me leggings and jeans with my big-but super cute- ski coat and pulled out my fashionable umbrella and walked out into the blizzardy weather and walked down to campus to volunteer for the Special Olympics. It was such a great experience and I'm so glad that I forced myself out of my warm and semi-comfortable bed and into the snow to do it. These kids really do have some talent and they've worked really hard to get to where they can compete in these special olympics. I'm pretty sure that there were kids who play basketball twenty times better that I do.. they were making three pointers and free throws.. I was SO impressed. After about an hour and a half of watching basketball I ventured to the swimming pools. These people really have talent and have a such a strong desire to finish and to do well in these events. I am so lucky that I got to participate in this special days with these kids.
After a couple hours at the Special Olympics I made my way back to my apartment to find it dark and quiet. With only one other roommate home for the weekend I relished in the quietness as I watched the snowflakes float down past my windows. That is one thing that I especially LOVE about the snow. It is so peaceful and really puts me in the holiday mood. A couple of days ago my roommates and I put up some festive colorful christmas lights in our window, so to watch through the lighted window with the snow behind made me feel especially peaceful and happy. Logan really is such a beautiful place and has some really great things about it.. like the Bluebird Restaurant for instance. Great homestyle cooking with an old-fashioned ice cream shop twist. I love that place. Soo it was a pretty good weekend.. all it took was a good attitude and the falling snow to soften my hard heart against weekends in Logan. Five more days until I get to be at home for thanksgiving. One of my most favorite holidays of the year filled with family food and love, it really is just great.
Oh the joys of loving your surroundings and having a good attitude about a situation that you might just not be okay with...
3 comments:
Danielle....you only dance in the rain if i make you go outside with me and i have NEVER heard you sing in the shower.
hmmm.....
Ha! It's because I shower when no one else is home smarty... AND I don't sing as loud as some others do.
sassafrass
Post a Comment